I never get tired of these delicious sliders but be sure to take the time to make the relish as that is what makes these sliders so fabulous! Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalepeno, finely diced
- zest from 1 lime
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 x 8 oz cans pinapple chunks
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 700-800 g ground pork
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Start the relish first as it takes approximately 25-30 minutes to cook. Melt the coconut oil in a medium pan. Add the onions, jalapeno, lime zest and sea salt. Cook until the onion is just about translucent. Add the pineapple and mix together. Keep temperature around medium/low and stir often. Let cook for 25 minutes. The pineapple will be caramel color when done. Add the chopped cilantro.
- While your sauce simmers, mix the pork, garlic, cilantro, red onion, cumin and salt together. Shape into patties. Cook undisturbed for 5-6 minutes, then turn an d cook the other side for 4-6 minutes.
- Spoon the relish over the sliders and serve!
Link to the original source of this recipe.
What do the critic’s say?