I LOVE Indian food and have been missing it so I decided to make it my mission to find some new Indian meals that the whole family could enjoy. I also have been reading about the health benefits of the super spice turmeric and really wanted to find some recipes that contain it so I can incorporate it into my families diet. Because Indian has some unique taste, I knew that not all of my recipes were going to be a hit but this one received top ratings from everyone in the house. My son is so funny. Whenever the meal is green he always says “why do our meals have to be green”. With this meal he did not want to try and after his first bit he actually said “wow, that is good!” Obviously, I loved that reaction!! Chris highly recommends having Naan with this recipe, lol. This recipe is inspired by Lauren at the Wicked Spatula.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cans coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1 head of Cauli-rice
- On medium heat, melt your coconut oil in a large skillet. Add your chopped chicken breast and cook until half done. Continue cooking the chicken and add the onions and garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the cilantro and ⅓ cup coconut milk together. Add the cilantro/coconut mixture, turmeric, coriander and cumin to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the remaining coconut milk, chicken broth and sea salt. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and adjust to taste. Serve over cauli-rice. Delicious!!
What the critic’s say?