These delicious cakes are a spin off of the Nom Nom Paleo Egg Foo Young recipe. I wanted to create something that the kids would like as much as me. These turned out to be a big hit and are super easy to make. The best part is they are delicious cold the next day and can be eaten with your fingers. The kids would have loved them in their lunches but there was only enough for Chris & I to have so we got them, hee hee! I will have to double the recipe next time I make them as they are perfect for lunches and snacks.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 chicken thighs, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup white mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- salt and pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet and add the chopped chicken thighs. Cook for 5 minutes undisturbed. Add the mushrooms and onions, mix together and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the spinach is wilted.
- In a medium size bowl add the 8 eggs and whisk together. Add the coconut flour, apple cider vinegar, baking soda and chicken mixture. Mix together well. Add salt & pepper.
- Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet and using a ¼ cup pour the batter into the pan. Cook one side for 3 minutes and then turn over and cook for another 3 minutes. Cook 4 at a time or more if larger skillet. While cooking second batch keep the first 4 warm in the oven. Voila!
What the critics say?