This is such an easy, fast and super delicious chicken recipe. It is the perfect meal to make on a Friday when you really don’t feel like cooking dinner. The chicken is cooked so quickly you barely have time to prep a salad and veggies! This one gets a 5 rating from all of the critics so it must be really, really good!
- 2 chicken breast or 6 chicken thighs (boneless)
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- *Nom Nom Paleo also uses ½ cup coconut flour; I tried it that way but wasn't a fan of the coconut flour flavor - without is super tasty. Everyone has their own taste so try both ways to see what you prefer.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and then cover with saran wrap. Use whatever you have to smash/pound the meat until it is flattened into ½ inch thick pieces. I use a rolling pin. This is the most important step in this recipe and what makes this chicken superior to other chicken recipes.
- Mix the salt and garlic powder together and rub onto both sides of your chicken pieces. *add coconut flour to salt & garlic mixture here
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the chicken once it has melted. Do not disturb the chicken. Let cook for 4-5 minutes and then turn over and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes. Leaving the chicken undisturbed is how it gets it's delicious crispiness!
Link to Nom Nom Paleo and the original source for this recipe.
What the critic’s say?