This recipe is from Be Whole. Be You. I have made quite a few changes to the original recipe but the name is so perfect that I had to keep it. These are so fresh tasting and will be a prefect summertime treat. They make me think of being on the beach when I nibble on them. Be sure you savor every bite when you eat these. I had to stop my Dad from popping the whole thing in his mouth because these really are one of those things you should eat slowly and enjoy every bite!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1½ cups dates
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp sea salt
- *plus ½ cup more for rolling in
- Process the almonds and cashews in a food processor until fine. Add in the remaining ingredients and process until a dough like consistency.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Roll in unsweetened coconut to cover the outside.
- Place in the fridge to chill and enjoy!
Be Whole Be You – Link to the original source of this recipe!
What do the critic’s say?