These are an amazing alternative to your typical chocolate cupcake. If you are craving a chocolaty treat but want something that isn’t full of sugar than you must try these. They only contain 2 tablespoons of honey in 24 mini muffins which is less than 1/4 teaspoon of sugar in each muffin. These get a 5 rating from my two toughest dessert critics (my husband and my son) so you know they must be good. The main ingredient is a Plantain which you don’t see very often in the grocery stores in my small town. From now on, if I see a plantain in the produce section I will definitely be buying one so I can make these delicious little treats.
- 1 plantain (yellow with black spots)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powdered (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks/chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and blend. Pour the batter into a medium size bowl and mix in the baking soda, cocoa powder and the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 24 cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick as to whether or not it comes out clean. If clean, they are done, if not bake for another 4-5 minutes.
What the critic’s say?