Link to original source – Southern In LawI LOVE energy balls! We always have a batch in the fridge for the kids (& me, of course) for lunch or mid-afternoon snacks. I love to experiment with different ingredients. These ones are definitely a favorite!
- 1½ cups pitted dried dates
- ¾ cup almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mint extract
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place your dates into a food processor and process until broken up and start to form a ball.
- Add in the almonds, cocoa, mint extract and chocolate chunks. Add drops of water (no more than a tablespoon) to make your mixture so that it is easy to form a ball and not crumbly.
- Form the mixture into small balls (use a tsp of mixture per ball), roll in coconut flakes and then place in the fridge.
Link to original source – Southern In Law
What do the critic’s say?