These are amazing! I love having these in my fridge for a mid-afternoon snack. Guilt-free, nutrient dense and DELICIOUS! Can’t go wrong with these but you do need a dehydrator to make them!
- 1 pkg of Nori sheets, cut into thirds lenthwise
- 6 oz sunflower seeds
- 4 oz pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1 red pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp's lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Process the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a food processor until a fine meal. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add the seed mixture back in and process until a smooth, spreadable, paste-like consistency.
- Transfer paste to a large ziploc bag. Squish paste down into one corner and snip off the corner to pipe out ¼ inch thickness.
- Lay a strip of nori (shiny side down) and pipe the paste down the center of the nori sheet. Lightly spritz (with a spray bottle) the nori sheet. The nori will naturally curl and this will help with wrapping and sealing the nori sticks.
- Arrange on dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 115 for at least 15 hours. I prep these at night and have them cook overnight and then till mid-afternoon. Store in airtight container and in the fridge.
What do the Critic’s say?
*Kes still hasn’t tried