I am so excited that I made chicken Korma and it did not take too long to make, there was not a huge list of ingredients and it was SO delicious! If you like Indian food this is a keeper recipe. It is the perfect base recipe to use and depending on your families preferences you could add more (or less) of the spices to tweak the flavor to your taste. My whole family enjoyed this meal and I can not wait to make it again! Another recipe to add to my list that incorporates Turmeric. Yeah! Enjoy!
- 6 chicken thighs, chopped into bite size pieces
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup raisins
- splash of lime juice
- In the morning, put your cashews and coconut flakes in a bowl and cover with water. Let sit for the day. If you forget, no worries, just soak for whatever time you have as it will still taste good. Drain the water and put the cashews and coconut in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add one can of coconut milk and blend once again until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped chicken to the pan. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and add the chopped onions to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the cumin, turmeric, garam masala, ginger and garlic. Stir together well and cook for 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cashew/coconut sauce. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10-15 minutes (depending on how much of a hurry you are to eat!).
- Serve over cauli-rice or regular rice and garnish with cilantro, raisins and cashews! Enjoy!
What the critics say?