These are my absolute favorite find! I stumbled upon them on instagram (Deanna Mutzel, Real Food Lab) and then watched her You Tube video to find out how to make. They take less than 20 minutes to prep and what you get in the end is a super healthy cracker that you can put all sorts of fun stuff on. Yum! Yum! You will need a dehydrator to make these. The above picture has guacamole and salmon on the crackers – so good!!
- 4 cups spinach (or mixture of greens)
- 1 red pepper
- ⅛ cup water (or coconut aminos)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
- ½ cup carrots, cilantro, pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp's coconut oil
- ¼ cup ground flax
- Using your food processor, first start by adding the red pepper and blend. Next add the spinach and blend. Add the water and lemon juice and blend. Add the carrots, herbs and seeds and blend. Add the nutritional yeast and melted coconut oil and blend. Blend until a smooth pancake like consistency. Pour batter into medium size bowl and stir in ground flax. Let sit for ½ hour.
- Spread onto 2 parchment lined dehydrator sheets.
- Cook at 105 for 12-15 hours.
What do the critic’s say?