These are from Nom Nom Paleo’s cookbook. Such a great recipe and I love the leftovers for breakfast, lunch or a snack the following day.
Prosciutto-wrapped Frittata Muffins
Author: Nom Nom Paleo
- 4 tbsp's coconut oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb mushrooms, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp's coconut flour
- ½ lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 tomato or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat 2 tbsp's coconut oil over medium heat and saute onions until soft (aprox. 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for another 3-5 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a plate.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk and coconut flour. Whisk until thoroughly mixed and then add mushrooms, spinach and chicken.
- Grease your muffin tins and line the cups with a layer of prosciutto. Spoon in the frittata batter into each cup and top with a couple tomato slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check to see if done by inserting a toothpick to see if comes out clean.
What do the Critic’s say?